Manhattan Catholic Schools is a Faith Community working in partnership with parents and inspired by the Holy Spirit to develop the whole child- mind, body, and spirit.
Our mission is to provide an excellent, traditional Catholic education to prepare our students to become Catholic disciples in an ever-changing world.
The truths of the Gospels, as proclaimed by the Roman Catholic Church, are interwoven into all aspects of Manhattan Catholic Schools, where the principal, teachers, staff, students, parents, and parishioners view each other as brothers and sisters.
Ministers of Catholic education provide a rigorous and comprehensive academic program, responding to societal changes within a supportive environment that nurtures values and family unity. Students learn to live the Gospel message as they become productive leaders and contributors, espousing Catholic values.
Welcome to Manhattan Catholic Schools
Manhattan Catholic Schools is a co-educational parochial Catholic School located in Manhattan, Kansas.
We serve students in grades Pre-K thru 8, mostly from St. Thomas More and Seven Dolors of The Blessed Virgin Mary parishes in Manhattan, but our diverse MCS student body is made up of approximately 300 Catholic and Non-Catholic students from Ft. Riley and other surrounding counties and parishes.
We invite you to learn more about us by setting up your private tour today!
• Manhattan Catholic Schools has two classrooms of each grade level from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade. We have two Pre-School classrooms (age 3).
• Student enrollment at Manhattan Catholic Schools is around 300 students.
• The average class size is 17 students (10 students per Pre-School and 12 students per Pre-Kindergarten classes).
• 84% of our student body is Catholic; 16% is not Catholic.
• Manhattan Catholic Schools is a member of the Salina Diocese.
• Manhattan Catholic Schools is fully accredited by the Kansas State Department of Education, AdvanED of North Central Accreditation and the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA).
• Manhattan Catholic Schools' Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten programs are certified by the State of Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
Manhattan Catholic Schools' teachers hold credentials and are licensed by the state of Kansas State Department of Education. Several MCS teachers also hold advanced degrees and special endorsements.
MCS has always had a strong parent volunteer program, and we work in close partnership with our families. At MCS, each family agrees to participate in volunteer service per school year. Parent volunteers will generously give countless hours this year to support Manhattan Catholic Schools.
• MCS receives Title I funds to assist students who need additional help with reading and math.
• School hours for grades K through 8 are 7:38 a.m. - 2:42 p.m. each day.
• Hours for Pre-School & Pre-Kindergarten vary, as follows:
3 year olds: 2-day (M/W or T/Th) 7:38 a.m. – 10:08 a.m.
4 year olds: 3-day (M/W/F) 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
4 year olds: 5-day (M-F, morning OR afternoon) 7:38 a.m. – 10:38 a.m. OR 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
• Extended Care is available after school (until 5:30 p.m.) for all students, Pre-school through 5th grade.
• MCS has a hot lunch cafeteria program available daily to all students.
• Manhattan Catholic Schools is an area school as opposed to a single parish school. As an area school, we serve the two major Catholic parishes in Manhattan, Kansas.
• MCS has a uniform dress code that was designed to foster school pride, to create a non-competitive dress environment, and to be easy for students and parents. Uniforms may be purchased through Land's End.