Principals' In-ServiceManhattan Catholic Schools
Professional Development - StaffManhattan Catholic Schools
MCS Reopening Plan - School year 20-21
****UPDATE from Principal 7/28/2021****
! This is a quick note with four important items I wanted to share:
- The Salina Diocese is asking all MCS families to complete one copy of the attached Household Economic Survey. Since the government is providing Free and Reduced Lunch and Breakfast again this year, parents are not required to submit a Free and Reduced Application. In case you were not aware, those applications also help MCS and other schools qualify for Title funding, curriculum improvement funds, and the tax credit scholarship for the SGO. I am asking each family to complete one form and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or along with your final enrollment paperwork. The forms will provide beneficial data for MCS, so thank you in advance!
- We can finish the Luckey Gym Sound Panel installation project this Saturday with the help of a few volunteers! The painting is done, the tools we need are here, so we just need a few able bodies at 8:00 am. We appreciate the help and generosity of those who worked last Saturday and continue to work this week in helping to complete this project!
- We are planning for an MCS Return To School Picnic on the evening of Monday, August 16th. Students discover who their teacher and classroom will be that evening, plus there is the opportunity to socialize! The first day of school is Wednesday, August 18th.
- Finally, many of you are wondering about how MCS will operate this year in relation to a Covid policy. Unless the KSDE, State of Kansas, Riley County, or the City of Manhattan enact a mask mandate policy, we will NOT require masks, but all who enter MCS will have the option to wear a mask. I am guessing that has been a concern as we complete enrollment, and I am hoping that is good news for most of you! We will keep you updated on any enacted changes.
I hope your summer continues to be relaxing and filled with quality family time! You remain in my prayers!
Thanks – Mike Hubka
MCS Enrollment for the 2021-22 school year is scheduled for July 12th - 23rd
MCS Enrollment for the 2021-22 school year will be done by mail/drop off. No in-person enrollment. This new process works around families' summer schedules so you can complete forms and turn in at your convenience during this two week timeframe. Plus, there are fewer forms to fill out if you are a returning family so please read thoroughly.
The Student Enrollment page of the MCS Website contain all the applicable forms families are required to complete. The web page will go live on July 5th, 2021. The Student Enrollment page is under the Admissions Tab on the MCS website Home Page Linked Here.
Thank you for choosing Manhattan Catholic Schools for your child(ren)'s education. If you have any questions, please call The Main Office at 785-565-5050.
Parking passes will be available for purchase on July 1st at the link provided below or by mail in check.
Prepaid spaces are limited to 75 slots.
**UPDATE** MCS Running Club - Last day to register is August 10th!!
Last day to register is AUGUST 10th!!!
Running Club will meet after school, on Wednesdays, August 25-October 13, 3-4 p.m.
Click on the Link below to find out more about our Running Club!
Breakfast & Lunch Menus
Interested in FREE summer meals?
Click below for all locations!
Did you know??
- We offer tours of our school with an appointment
- Our average class size is 15
- We currently have a waitlist and pre-enrollment is now open for 2021/2022 school year
- We have a preschool that takes ages 3-5 and we also have childcare for the preschool
- We offer sports to grades 6-8 on a no-cut basis
- We have a summer program
- We accept non-Catholic students
- Still have questions?? Call us today and we will be glad to help you. 785-565-5050
As Seen in the News
CMG Connect - Safe Envrionment Progam
All clergy, adult employees, and adult volunteers (ministering with children) of the Diocese of Salina must do the REQUIRED TRAINING CURRICULUM called Safe Environment Curriculum-Salina (this includes short videos, questions , Code of Conduct, Policy Acknowledgement and a Background Check).
|Please click on the button below to begin CMGConnect TRAINING|