Little Cardinals Preschool Program
About Little Cardinals Preschool
Our preschool program provides a safe, fun, professional, and caring learning environment for ages 3-5. Our program is designed for children to learn and grow in a Catholic values centered community. Our developmentally appropriate curriculum fosters all areas of growth: religious, cognitive, language, physical, emotional and creativity. By providing a safe and nurturing environment, children will experience a wide variety of developmentally appropriate learning experiences through hands-on learning.
- Children must be fully potty-trained before enrolling.
- Children must be 3 years old to enroll.
- As a child care center licensed through the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), all paperwork must be on file before a child's first day.
Preschool Program Options
We provide two program options for families: full-day and part-time sessions.
Full-Day Preschool is a year-round program that follows a different school calendar. A list of closure days will be distributed to families prior to the start of the new academic school year. We have two classrooms designated for the full-day sessions. As a child care center licensed through the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), each classroom teacher meets the requirements set forth by the state. We follow the staff to child ratio set forth by the state, which is 1:12. The lead teachers in the classroom hold degrees and are responsible for creating engaging activities for children in order to foster a love for learning as they also prepare children for Kindergarten.
Children are provided with a morning and afternoon snack. A hot lunch is provided on-site, when the elementary school is in session. When the elementary school is not in session during the summer months, we utilize the Summer Meal Program, offered through USD 383. Students are bused daily to an assigned meal location.
Enrollment for the full-day program is Monday-Friday. This program has different hours of operation than the part-time sessions. Our business hours are 7:15am-5:45pm. Families can choose between two tuition plans based on the desired pick-up time.
- Plan 1: $700/month
- Children enrolled in this plan will be dismissed at 3:00 year-round. Teachers will escort children outside for dismissal.
- Plan 2: $900/month
- This plan offers a flexible pick-up time. Children must be picked up by 5:45pm. Parents use the Brightwheel app to notify classroom teachers of their arrival for pick-up.
Part-Time Preschool sessions begin in August and end in May, as this program follows the academic school calendar for MCS. The part-time session does not have school if the school calendar says it is a non-school day for the elementary students. This program has two enrollment sessions, based on the child's age.
- The morning session is designated for 3-4 year olds from 7:35am-10:35am. During the short 3-hour session, students will participate in engaging activities created by the classroom teacher.
- The afternoon session is designated for 4-5 year olds from 11:45am-2:45am. During the 3-hour session, students will also participate in engaging activities created by the classroom teacher in oder to prepare for Kindergarten.