Manhattan Catholic Schools PTO is a source of secondary support to the school. There are countless ways to volunteer, meet other parents, support your child's classroom experience, and financially support MCS through the PTO.
Some of PTO's sponsored events:
• Assemblies: MCS is part of a district-wide (USD 383) arts consortium whose main function is to provide a means for students to appreciate the arts. This may include plays by college or high school students, ethnic performances, musical groups, etc.
• Awards Picnic: PTO & Booster Club co-sponsor an awards picnic in the spring, recognizing students' achievements in citizenship, sports, attendance, academics, etc.
• Catholic Schools Week: PTO pays for student and teacher activities to celebrate CSW, such as student bowling, teacher appreciation lunch, etc.
• First Communion & First Reconciliation: PTO budgets funds for receptions to celebrate First Communion and First Reconciliation.
• Eighth Grade Graduation: The ceremony and reception for eighth grade graduation is sponsored by MCS PTO.
• Picture Person Program: Parent volunteers visit their child's classroom 5-7 times per year to share artwork with the students. Training is provided!
• Room Parents: Parents assist teachers in planning classroom parties 4-6 times per year. This involves coordinating supplies and activities needed for the party. Other parents may be asked to assist the room parents.
• William Allen White: PTO pays for student and teacher tickets to attend this annual awards event, as well as trip snacks. Students in grades 3-8 are eligible to participate.
• Field Day: PTO provides a light snack and other supplies as needed for field day.
• Teachers' Fund: Annually, PTO provides a gift to each teacher and the principal, earmarked for computer supplies or classroom technology.
• Teachers' Lounge: PTO provides meals throughout the year, such as Welcome Back lunch, potlucks during conferences, and provides coffee and supplies for the teachers' lounge.
• Teachers' Party: A holiday party for MCS teachers and staff, with their spouses is annually paid for by PTO.
• Wish List: Teachers and Principal Hulshoff compile a wish list for PTO to support as funds are available.
If you're interested in volunteering, contact the PTO president.
Booster Club supports the MCS athletics and Scholars Bowl teams. Volunteers support the Booster Club through concession stands at home volleyball, football, and basketball games. MCS Booster Club also serves as the spirit coordinators for athletes -- decorating lockers, having a watermelon feed, and cheering on the teams to victory!
President - Brittnee Alcala
Vice President - Mary Henry-Foster
Treasurer - Barb Wassenberg
Secretary - Jessica Hampton
Buttons & Bows Chair - Rebecca Doehling
Room Parent Coordinator - Amy Danenberg
Fine Arts Coordinator - Tammi Moes
Hospitality Chair - Sara Crouch
Sign Changer - STUCO
Box Top Chair - Stephanie Grennan
Volunteer Recognition Chair - Stephanie Grennan
Flag Project Chair - Kelli Almes (Ryan Almes Chief Hole Digger)
Uniform Exchange Chair - Heather Sloan/ Jessica Hampton
Family Fun Night - Jessica Hampton
Teacher Representative - Jessica Golden
Beginning/End of school Activities - Christian Bishop
Booster Club Officers
President - Mike Dodge
Treasurer - Barb Wassenberg
Secretary - Sheila Wright
Concessions - Rhonda Machin
Spiritwear - Barb Wassenberg
Sign-Up Genius Volunteer - Nicole Oehme
Looking for more help!
Booster Club Minutes
Manhattan Catholic Schools is proud to support our community through the Flag Project. The Manhattan Catholic Schools PTO provides this service for the Manhattan area. For your annual $40 donation we will provide a 3'x5' U.S. flag, pole and bracket for display of the U.S. flag on the following five holidays:
On those holidays, MCS PTO and students will place the flag out at sunrise and retire it at sunset at your location within the city limits of Manhattan. It’s simple and easy — and shows our pride all around the city. Any Manhattan resident or business is eligible to participate!
To register your home or office, download and complete this form and return to Manhattan Catholic Schools. For questions or more information, contact the Flag Project Coordinators at email@example.com
Buttons N Bows-CANCELLED
Buttons N Bows HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2020
• • • • • • • •