Manhattan Catholic Schools PTO is a source of secondary support to the school. There are countless ways to volunteer, meet other parents, support your child's classroom experience, and financially support MCS through the PTO.
Some of PTO's sponsored events:
• Assemblies: MCS is part of a district-wide (USD 383) arts consortium whose main function is to provide a means for students to appreciate the arts. This may include plays by college or high school students, ethnic performances, musical groups, etc.
• Awards Picnic: PTO & Booster Club co-sponsor an awards picnic in the spring, recognizing students' achievements in citizenship, sports, attendance, academics, etc.
• Catholic Schools Week: PTO pays for student and teacher activities to celebrate CSW, such as student bowling, teacher appreciation lunch, etc.
• First Communion & First Reconciliation: PTO budgets funds for receptions to celebrate First Communion and First Reconciliation.
• Eighth Grade Graduation: The ceremony and reception for eighth grade graduation is sponsored by MCS PTO.
• Picture Person Program: Parent volunteers visit their child's classroom 5-7 times per year to share artwork with the students. Training is provided!
• Room Parents: Parents assist teachers in planning classroom parties 4-6 times per year. This involves coordinating supplies and activities needed for the party. Other parents may be asked to assist the room parents.
• William Allen White: PTO pays for student and teacher tickets to attend this annual awards event, as well as trip snacks. Students in grades 3-8 are eligible to participate.
• Field Day: PTO provides a light snack and other supplies as needed for field day.
• Teachers' Fund: Annually, PTO provides a gift to each teacher and the principal, earmarked for computer supplies or classroom technology.
• Teachers' Lounge: PTO provides meals throughout the year, such as Welcome Back lunch, potlucks during conferences, and provides coffee and supplies for the teachers' lounge.
• Teachers' Party: A holiday party for MCS teachers and staff, with their spouses is annually paid for by PTO.
• Wish List: Teachers and Principal Hulshoff compile a wish list for PTO to support as funds are available.
If you're interested in volunteering, contact the PTO president.
Booster Club supports the MCS athletics and Scholars Bowl teams. Volunteers support the Booster Club through concession stands at home volleyball, football, and basketball games. MCS Booster Club also serves as the spirit coordinators for athletes -- decorating lockers, having a watermelon feed, and cheering on the teams to victory!
President - Brittnee Alcala
Vice President - Mary Henry-Foster
Treasurer - Barb Wassenberg/Allison Furasek
Secretary - Jessica Hampton
Buttons & Bows Chair - Rebecca Doehling
Room Parent Coordinator - Joni Rottinghaus
Fine Arts Coordinator - Tammi Moes
Hospitality Chair - Sara Crouch & Kelli Ames
Sign Changer - STUCO
Box Top Chair - Stephanie Grennan
Volunteer Recognition Chair - Stephanie Grennan
Flag Project Chair - Kelli Almes (Ryan Almes Chief Hole Digger)
Uniform Exchange Chair - Jennifer Martin
Family Fun Night - Andrea Feldkamp/Jessica Hampton
Teacher Representative - Jessica Golden
Beginning/End of school Activities - Christian Bishop
Booster Club Officers
President - Ann Chaffee
Treasurer - Barb Wassenberg
Secretary - Sheila Wright
Concessions - Rhonda Machin
Spiritwear - Barb Wassenberg
Sign-Up Genius Volunteer - Nicole Oehme
Looking for more help!
Booster Club Minutes
Manhattan Catholic Schools is proud to support our community through the Flag Project. The Manhattan Catholic Schools PTO provides this service for the Manhattan area. For your annual $40 donation we will provide a 3'x5' U.S. flag, pole and bracket for display of the U.S. flag on the following five holidays:
On those holidays, MCS PTO and students will place the flag out at sunrise and retire it at sunset at your location within the city limits of Manhattan. It’s simple and easy — and shows our pride all around the city. Any Manhattan resident or business is eligible to participate!
To register your home or office, download and complete this form and return to Manhattan Catholic Schools. For questions or more information, contact the Flag Project Coordinators at email@example.com
Buttons N Bows
Buttons & Bows is the largest PTO fundraiser in support of Manhattan Catholic Schools. In its 40th year, BNB has raised a significant amount of revenue to support PTO's mission for MCS.
Buttons N Bows is scheduled for
Saturday, November 14, 2020 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• • • • • • • •
Get a jump start on your holiday shopping! Beautiful handcrafted jewelry, ceramics, quilts, home decor, wearable art and so much more are for sale. Three buildings - MCS Grade School, Junior High and Seven Dolors Parish Center - are full with over 100 vendors! The $2 admission is also a raffle ticket for a handmade quilt. Breakfast and lunch (and don't miss the homemade pies!) are available throughout the day, along with the MCS bake sale.
Vendors may begin applying now for their booth rental space by completing the form below. If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified (by e-mail or mail) of your acceptance. Assigned booth location will be communicated via e-mail or mail 2 weeks prior to the event.
Set up time for booths will be Friday, November 13, 3-6 PM and Saturday, November 14, 6:00 - 8:15 AM. Information booths will be open during set up times.
Vendors agree to have someone operating their booth at all times. NO SMOKING in the buildings. Breakfast and lunch may be purchased on Saturday. Vendors agree to assume full responsibility for loss or damage to their person or works. Reporting of sales tax collected will be the responsibility of the vendor.