Manhattan Catholic Schools PTO is a source of secondary support to the school. There are countless ways to volunteer, meet other parents, support your child's classroom experience, and financially support MCS through the PTO.
Some of PTO's sponsored events:
• Assemblies: MCS is part of a district-wide (USD 383) arts consortium whose main function is to provide a means for students to appreciate the arts. This may include plays by college or high school students, ethnic performances, musical groups, etc.
• Awards Picnic: PTO & Booster Club co-sponsor an awards picnic in the spring, recognizing students' achievements in citizenship, sports, attendance, academics, etc.
• Catholic Schools Week: PTO pays for student and teacher activities to celebrate CSW, such as student bowling, teacher appreciation lunch, etc.
• First Communion & First Reconciliation: PTO budgets funds for receptions to celebrate First Communion and First Reconciliation.
• Eighth Grade Graduation: The ceremony and reception for eighth grade graduation is sponsored by MCS PTO.
• Picture Person Program: Parent volunteers visit their child's classroom 5-7 times per year to share artwork with the students. Training is provided!
• Room Parents: Parents assist teachers in planning classroom parties 4-6 times per year. This involves coordinating supplies and activities needed for the party. Other parents may be asked to assist the room parents.
• William Allen White: PTO pays for student and teacher tickets to attend this annual awards event, as well as trip snacks. Students in grades 3-8 are eligible to participate.
• Field Day: PTO provides a light snack and other supplies as needed for field day.
• Teachers' Fund: Annually, PTO provides a gift to each teacher and the principal, earmarked for computer supplies or classroom technology.
• Teachers' Lounge: PTO provides meals throughout the year, such as Welcome Back lunch, potlucks during conferences, and provides coffee and supplies for the teachers' lounge.
• Teachers' Party: A holiday party for MCS teachers and staff, with their spouses is annually paid for by PTO.
• Wish List: Teachers and Principal Hulshoff compile a wish list for PTO to support as funds are available.
If you're interested in volunteering, contact the PTO president.
Booster Club supports the MCS athletics and Scholars Bowl teams. Volunteers support the Booster Club through concession stands at home volleyball, football, and basketball games. MCS Booster Club also serves as the spirit coordinators for athletes -- decorating lockers, having a watermelon feed, snacks for and cheering on the teams to victory!
Booster also is in charge of the K-State Football game parking lot fundraiser which helps pay for sports expenses. Keep an eye out in July for more information on how to purchase your spots located on the Northwest side of the Manhattan Surgical Center and via Christi Hospital off of Kimball Ave.
Spirit Wear is offered to families via an email from our office during the school year, usually in the beginning of the sports season. For this year's spirit wear please go to ACB Design (acbdesignmhk.com) and click on the MCS tab.
Booster Club also offers membership to families which allows them to enter all home games for free and depending on the level chosen the name or logo (of a business) will be added to the sports program. Forms are also sent to current school families via email from the office &/or Booster Club.
PTO Officers **- Need Volunteers**
President - Stephanie Grennan
Vice President - Erica Walsh
Secretary - Natalie Lackey
Treasurer - Lea Briscoe
Beginning/End of School Activities - Need Volunteer
Buttons N Bows Co-Chair - Amy Parker & Dani Heise
Buttons N Bows Advertising/Media Chair - Need Volunteer
Buttons N Bows Hospitality- Need Volunteer
Buttons N Bows Vendor Chair- Need Volunteer
Family Fun Night - Need Volunteer
Flag Project Chair - Emily Vera
Hospitality Chair - Need Volunteer
Room Parent Coordinator- Erin Olson
Sign Changer - STUCO
Social Media Chair- Need Volunteer
Social Media Chair - Need Volunteer
Teacher Representative - Mrs. Kerr & Mrs. Duckworth
Teacher Appreciation Chair- Need Volunteer
Uniform Exchange Chair - Brittnee Alcala
Volunteer Recognition Chair: Need Volunteer
PTO Minutes & Agendas
Booster Club Officers
President - Volunteer Needed
Vice President - Sara Crouch
Treasurer - Melissa Legleiter
Secretary - Laura Fuemmeler
Concessions - Rhonda Machin
Snack Bag Coordinator - Mae O'Donnell
Spiritwear - Barb Wassenberg
Sign-Up Genius Volunteer - Volunteer Needed
Always Looking for more help!
Booster Club Minutes
Previous Agendas and Minutes
2023 KSU Parking Pass
Pre-Paid Convenient Parking that directly supports MCS and Ascension Via Christi hospital!
The 2023 parking passes have sold out!
Pre-pay for your hard surface spot today! These spots are conveniently located directly west and just across the road from Bill Snyder Family Stadium!
The K-State football parking lot is back for another year! This is an amazing fundraising opportunity for Manhattan Catholic Schools.
Purchase your season pass today! These passes are sold on a first come, first serve basis and there are approximately 74 spots available. With your purchase, you will receive a pass for each of the 7 KSU home football games to place on your dashboard. Your pass guarantees your vehicle a paved parking space for each home game, but not a particular space (spaces not assigned). We will have individuals directing cars to fill the lot efficiently and to help avoid anyone getting blocked in. The lot will open four (4) hours before game time, and will close 30 minutes prior to game time. If we still have spots available in the reserved asphalt area at that time, we will open the lot to the general public. TO ENSURE YOU HAVE A PARKING SPOT, you must be at the lot 30 minutes prior to game time. Manhattan Catholic Schools will not be responsible for any damages that may occur on this lot.
Manhattan Catholic Schools is proud to support our community through the Flag Project. The Manhattan Catholic Schools PTO provides this service for the Manhattan area. For your annual $40 donation we will provide a 3'x5' U.S. flag, pole and bracket for display of the U.S. flag on the following five holidays:
On those holidays, MCS PTO and students will place the flag out at sunrise and retire it at sunset at your location within the city limits of Manhattan. It’s simple and easy — and shows our pride all around the city. Any Manhattan resident or business is eligible to participate!
To register your home or office, download and complete this form and return to Manhattan Catholic Schools. To register online click here. For questions or more information, contact the Flag Project Coordinators at email@example.com
Buttons 'n Bows Arts & Craft Fair - Saturday, November 11, 2023
It's time again for this well known annual community event!
Get a jump start on your holiday shopping at our Arts & Crafts Fair! Over 100 vendors selling beautiful handcrafted jewelry, pottery, ceramics, quilts, home décor, wearable art, furniture and so much more. The location is National Guard Armory @ 721 Levee Dr, from 8:30 to 3:30pm, with $2.00 cash admission. Food trucks, bake sale, and 2 raffle opportunities. Your $2 entry gets you into the event, as well as a chance at a handmade quilt, created by one of our very own students' grandmother. Make sure to stop at the table to write your name and number! Purchasing a Vendor Showcase raffle ticket of $5 (or 6 for $20) gives you a chance at special vendor donated items grouped together for some great prizes occurring at 10am, noon, and 2pm! Need not be present to win.
Vendors may begin applying now for their booth rental space by completing the form below. If you have questions please email. Assigned booth location will be communicated via e-mail or mail 2 weeks prior to the event.
Set up time for booths will be emailed prior to event via signup genius for Friday, November 10 and Saturday, November 11. Information booths will be open during set up times.
Vendors agree to have someone operating their booth at all times. NO SMOKING in the buildings. Lunch may be purchased on Saturday. Vendors agree to assume full responsibility for loss or damage to their person or works. Reporting of sales tax collected will be the responsibility of the vendor.
Buttons ’n Bows Art & Craft Fair is the largest PTO fundraiser in support of Manhattan Catholic Schools. In its 43rd year, Buttons 'n Bows has raised a significant amount of revenue to support PTO's mission for MCS.
Facebook Event Here:
Contact email for more details